The Functional Behavior Assessment is a service provided to individuals with intellectual disabilities or developmental disabilities who have a history of or presenting issues with problematic behaviors.
The FBA process yields the following:
- An assessment of skills and behaviors to determine needs and function through observations, assessment tools and interviews
- Development of behavior goals and related skill deficits as determined by the function
- Ongoing monitoring, graphing data, and making changes as needed
- Placement of effective supports to address these behaviors and skill deficits
- Training of the support team on the behavior support plan developed by the FBA
- Reassessment as needed.
What is needed in order for a client to receive this service?
- A referral form must be received and on file in our office. Please contact us for a referral form or download one here.
- Our organization must have the availability of staff to conduct the FBA. You will be notified within three to five business days after the receipt of the referral form.
- If the referral is accepted, a critical revision to the ISP must occur to add Behavior Support; 120 units must be added.
What is the process for the FBA?
The clinician will work directly with the SC and/or a designated point person within the team to complete the following:
- Ensure the ISP critical revision is complete
- Schedule the FBA interview with members of the team (this cannot occur unless the HCSIS authorization is received)
- Collect historical records
- Complete the intake documentation
Once the FBA interview has been conducted, it takes the clinician an average of 3 months to complete the observations, data collection, assessments, and development of the behavior support plan. Once the report is complete, it will be sent to the designated team contact and any other person on the team for whom we have obtained a written release.
The team will be asked to review the information and provide feedback for any changes. It is asked that one person collect information regarding recommended changes, and communicate these to Shawn McGill Consulting. Please be advised it can take up 7 business days for complete revisions to be made, so please make sure accurate information is shared at the time of the FBA interview.
It is the responsibility of the team to schedule training with Shawn McGill Consulting regarding the recommendations listed in the FBA/BSP. Training can occur through phone, secure videoconference or face-to-face. Depending on what type of training is requested, it can take weeks to secure an appointment, so please plan well in advance.
For additional information, complete our contact form or call 412-781-3829.