Christina “Tina” has always been interested in the human services field; she began volunteering with grade school children with disabilities while attending Sturgis Brown High School. After moving to Pennsylvania in 2005 she finished her Bachelor’s degree Psychology and started her career in the human services field in 2008, as a Mental Health direct support staff working with youth in residential treatment facilities. She continued working with children with dual diagnoses MH/MR, and moved in to clinical leadership roles, behavioral support and mobile therapy, supporting children, families and team members. Tina started her career as a BSP with SMC in June 2015.
Years of Service: 8
- B.A. Cum Laude, in Psychology and a Minor in Sociology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- Masters of Forensic Psychology from the Argosy University, Pennsylvania.
- Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Functional Behavioral Assessments
- Mental Health
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Positive Approaches
- Development of Therapeutic Activities
- Trauma Informed Care
- Clinical Assessment
- Support Plan Development
- Parent Education
- Parental Support
- Staff Training
- Team Management
- Behavioral Modifications
- Crisis Intervention/De-escalation