In order to successfully complete a letter of recommendation for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) or Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS), I make every effort to ensure I am not only following the SRS standards of care but that I am providing you with a service that is reasonably priced and will meet your needs. The total cost is $200 USD and is broken up into two payments. All services are provided directly through Shawn McGill, a licensed social worker in the state of Pennsylvania within the United States.
Our first step in the process is to complete intake and schedule an interview. The interview can be set up by phone, in person or via secure video conferencing through doxy.me (https://doxy.me/SMcGillConsulting).
During our intake interview/initial session I ask you a series of questions in order to determine your preparedness to move on with the next transition in your life. At this time I will tell you whether or not it is recommended that you receive additional counseling services or if the letter of recommendation is in order. If it is determined that the letter of recommendation is in order, I will collect additional information in order to proceed with writing the letter.
I will then complete the letter of recommendation if it is determined to be the appropriate next step based on the SRS standards of care. You will have the option of a signed letter also being directly mailed to your surgeon or doctor. Most surgeons require an official letter with an original signature in order to be considered for transition services. If you require international letters to be mailed, additional shipping fees will be charged. Please inquire about these fees, as they can be costly depending upon the shipping company and shipping time.
Letters of recommendation are good for one year. If you require an edit and/or update to the letter, please contact Shawn McGill. There will be a fee of $25 per edit request. Additional interviews and/or consultations may be required in order to make additional updates/changes to the letter.
How do I set up an appointment?
- In order to set up an appointment, all intake paperwork must be completed and on file at Shawn McGill Consulting.
- You will schedule your appointment directly with Shawn McGill. Appointments are made through secure video consult (preferred) or phone.
- If you make a video appointment, you will be sent the following email link: https://doxy.me/SMcGillConsulting Please save this email and use this link to connect to Shawn McGill securely on the day of your appointment. You must have Internet and a camera device to connect using this option.
- The $65 USD non-refundable deposit is required in order to secure your appointment. Any appointments that are not cancelled and rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance of the appointments will not be refunded. Any “no shows” (15 minutes following the scheduled session) will not be refunded. To make a payment online, click here.
What can I expect after my initial appointment?
During your initial appointment, Shawn will indicate whether or not ongoing sessions are recommended and/or if the letter of recommendation can be generated.
If the letter of recommendation is being generated, you can expect the following:
- You will be asked to verify your legal name, date of birth, address, and name of the doctor or physician you are working with.
- You will be expected to complete the $135 USD transaction in order to receive the final letter of recommendation. To make a payment online, click here.
- Once the final payment is received, you will receive a WORD document of the letter, usually within five (5) business days. Once you proofread and finalize the document, Shawn will sign the letter and send you a PDF version, usually within one (1) business day.
- If you require an original signed copy, you must notify Shawn. Up to two (2) copies can be mailed within the USA at no cost. However, any international mailing will require additional fees. Please consult with Shawn regarding any additional S&H expenses.